Thursday, April 24, 2014

"Zorillo and Shelly" and "Gladius Games" Comics Finally Print Releasing

I've been working all winter long on a couple full length comics that are set to finally see print release just in time for Comicon season!

The first is "Zorillo and Shelly", which stars a dynamic duo that may seem eerily familiar until you get into the awkward love story and criminal artists angle the tale quickly projects its mutated chickengirl talons into. The aesthetic is some of the slickest and most complex inks I've ever done wrapped around a psychological challenge intent on tweaking the primacy of the modern heroine and electing to remain virtuous in a world of masked good and badgirls. Some personal subtexts and depth there if you're willing to look for it.

The second is "Gladius Games" which combines my modern loves of Hunger Games, Game of Thrones and a wee bit of the old Dungeons and Dragons beastiary. Its a more cinematic experience than most my work- widescreen and very detailed woodcut type linework style I scarcely have the patience or time for these days but I endure it. If you're familiar with my old Tinwoodsman series, this won't seem a far cry, dudes with axes to grind and a bevy of freaks to contend with along with some sexual and political intrigue on the side.

I'll be glad to see them in book form and out in the world for public consumption shortly. Naturally, I'll provide some teaser pages and the purchasing links once its all available on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see your work! Keep it up! Dave and Grace

    ReplyDelete