Thursday, April 24, 2014

Posters And Prints of Poets and Princesses- Winter 2014




NorthEastern Illinois University Art Galley- where I work- is holding it's Annual Student Art Sale where I'll have a number of new posters for sale. All 17" X 11" colored pencils. Some of my older stuff will be in the mix as well. 







Gallery Shows change monthly and feature a number of professional showcases- from Sculptors of Maternity themes to Memebased Oldschool Printmaking and all points in between- so it's always worth coming in for a visit. 
This X-Hipsters piece won the cover contest for the schools Lit Mag- SEEDS- as well, so it'll shortly be in the hot little hands of several hundred of the schools finest creators, hopefully lending an air of exclusivity and superiority to all who behold its Pabst stained presence. 

The Princess Harem spun out of a Princess battling 
tournament gone awry. I enjoyed whipping up my slightly variant renditions of each- admittedly having always been something of an Ariel/Belle man, I've recently taken a shine to Jasmine/Mulan. I apologize for the lack of the Frozen girls, I finished this just before it released... I suspect I'll have to take a more comprehensive take on the concept once I've got my colored inks and watercolors straightened out. 

I've had Walking Dead and Game of Thrones rough cuts in the works for awhile- perhaps in time for next show, but I'm always open to suggestion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment