Thursday, August 19, 2010

WizardWorld ComiCon:Living the Dream

This time will be different. Two years ago I attended WizardWorld and showed my portfolio (which was admittedly rather amateur) to a number of my comic artist idols- and what I came away with was that I had a long way to go towards going pro. I've leveled up since, a good consistent 5 hours a day of practice can do that to a fella. So I'm interested in hearing what they'll have to say this time around.

I am setting goals. In a years time I want four different books done, each a different genre, a variant of my style. I want to have my inking totally figured out- since starting the process five months ago I think I've picked up speed and accuracy. I want to have a decent handle on digital color and tablet work. By C2E2 next year I want a table, and obviously at Wizardworld I'll have one as well if I continue to develop my talent and put out work that is worthy of public consumption. Let's see what this weekend brings for a start, and let that be the first step on the long journey.

More Hellbreakers- definitely losing steam, realizing I need to work on better white, black, grey separations and less clutter.



No comments:

Post a Comment